BMR has extensive experience and technical expertise in the field of therapeutic antibodies in particular and through these, we have so far developed antibodies for respiratory infections such as influenza viruses.
BMR supplies highly sensitive antibodies to manufacturers of rapid diagnostic test kits, and has already occupied more than 50% market share in this segment to date.
The market for diagnostic kits for respiratory infections is concentrated in industrialized nations in the Northern Hemisphere. A major disruptor in this market is the incidence of tropical infections such as mosquito-borne malaria. Malaria tests, for example, are performed more than eight times as often as influenza tests.
With the addition of malaria and dengue fever antibody diagnostic materials to our product range, BMR has made a significant contribution to this highly specialized yet very important field of health care.
- Company Name
- Bio Matrix Research, Inc.
- Date founded
- March 28, 2002
- 95,500,000 yen (as of December 31, 2016)
- Shunsuke Matsunaga, President
- Main activities
- Developing and distributing monoclonal antibody materials for rapid diagnostic kits
- March 2002
- Bio Matrix Research founded in Noda-shi, Chiba
Initial operations include development of transcription factor antibody and genetic analyses (microassay sequencing) on consignment
- August 2003
- Head office and sales department relocates to Kashiwa-shi, Chiba
New laboratory opens at Tokatsu Techno Plaza in Kashiwa-shi, Chiba
- January 2004
- New sales office opens in Nishi-ku, Osaka-shi
- November 2004
- New laboratory opens at Todai-Kashiwa Venture Plaza, Kashiwa-shi, Chiba prefecture
- March 2006
- Head office relocates to Nagareyama-shi, Chiba
- December 2007
- Start developing antibody materials for influenza rapid diagnostic kits
- June 2009
- Start developing antibody drugs
- August 2010
- First antibody materials for influenza rapid diagnostic kits released onto the market
- March 2012
- Overhaul of management structure positions antibodies as the primary focus of development, manufacturing and distribution resources
- April 2015
- Operations are consolidated at Nagareyama head office
- March 2016
- Start developing antibody materials for tropical infectious diseases